Finger prick tests minimize the stress and pain associated with venous blood draws, which makes them the preferred method of checking blood sugar levels. For people with diabetes sampling their blood with this method causes another issue – how to keep track of the spots that were last tested? With the Diabetes:M management app you can keep an eye on your finger prick test sites with minimal effort. Here are the steps you need to take in order to do so:
- Log into your Diabetes:M account – on the main screen you will see the icon named Log Entry. Tap on it.
- The app will pre-populate the date and time. For more accuracy, you can specify if this prick test was made before/after eating, before/after exercise, at night/in the morning (fasting glucose), or other.
- Enter your blood sugar in the field named Glucose.
- To open the hand visualization, tap on the Finger prick sites button right next to the metric you just added.
- To select a left or right hand graphic use the left/right hand button at the top of the screen.
- Tap on one of the zones to mark your test site. Tapping on another zone will remove the previously selected mark and will mark the new site. Use pinch/stretch or double tap to zoom in and out.
- You can remove the marking you just did by tapping on the X icon situated at the top right of the screen.
- Tap on the floppy disk icon on the top right to save your entry.
- You will be redirected automatically to the Log entry screen where on the Test sites icon is added a little plus sign which indicates that the site is marked.
- Tap on the floppy disk icon on the top right to save the data in the Logbook.
And just like that, you will have all the information needed for your next finger prick test so you won’t need to remember where exactly the last finger or spot was from where you took a sample. If you also want to have all your blood glucose levels information stored digitally on your phone just one click away – then consider actively using Diabetes:M management application. This functionality will be beneficial not only for your personal use but also when you are preparing for your Endo appointment.