On February 22, the first official meeting of Diabetes:M’s Medical Advisory Board took place. Sirma Medical Systems – the company behind Diabetes:M, develops internationally recognized software in the field of healthcare and has been a pioneer in the development of digital health apps for the past 6 years.
One of the strategic goals of the Medical Advisory Board is to be the driving force of future developments of the flagship products of Sirma Medical Systems:
- Diabetes:M – leading mobile application for diabetes monitoring, with a module for doctors and clinics;
- Medrec:M – a combination of a multifunctional digital health diary and a modern telemedicine system;
The meetings are planned every quarter and aim to further discuss the products’ features, to look into the feedback from various patients as well as to evaluate the needs for new functionalities, focused on providing services to patients of the highest class by leading international healthcare standards.
Currently, members of the Medical Advisory Board are a team of leading specialists in the field of endocrinology, cardiology, and pediatric rheumatology:
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Radka Savova, MD, Ph.D., pediatrician, an endocrinologist with many years of experience in diabetes treatment. Specialist in the diagnosis and treatment of childhood diseases, pediatric endocrinology, growth, and development problems. Assoc. Prof. Savova heads the Department of Diabetes at the Children’s Hospital SBAL “Prof. Dr. Ivan Mitev” in Sofia.
- Dr. Tanya Andreeva, pediatrician and pediatric rheumatologist at the Children’s Orthopedic Clinic of USBAL “Prof. B. Boychev”. Dr. Andreeva has over 10 years of experience and is the winner of the Golden Apple Award from the National Network for Children for Contribution to the Life of the New Generation.
- Dr. Ivan-Asen Shishmanov, a cardiologist at the UMBALSM “N. I. Pirogov” hospital and winner of the international award from the annual scientific forum in Vienna – SPAF Academy (Stroke Prevention in Atrial Fibrillation). Dr. Shishmanov is the founder of two medical sites and the author of numerous scientific publications.
The discussion of the meeting touched upon the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic on people with chronic conditions and the emergent need for healthcare digitalization. Another aspect of the problem is doctors’ overload in managing patient information, consuming much of their precious time is also the lack of cooperation from government institutions and agencies. The discussion confirmed once again the great importance of digital technologies as they are the key to optimizing and improving health care worldwide.
The idea of gamification of the applications, which is a global trend in mobile applications and very common for Generation Z and younger users, was discussed in great detail.
“Sirma Medical Systems is one of the youngest and most innovative divisions of Sirma Group Holding. Our strategic goals are to be active participants in the transformation of healthcare and its embark towards the digital future. Furthermore, we aim to become an internationally recognized player in this process, as we provide products and services of the highest class. In this regard, the establishment of the Medical Advisory Board is an extremely important step in achieving our goals, as we so believe that close cooperation with forward-thinking medical professionals, will bring our products to an even higher technological level,” said Rossen Varbanov, CEO of Sirma Medical Systems.