There are numerous processes and changes that occur in the human body when one is sick. The immune system is busy producing antibodies and sending them to fight the virus while at the same time you might experience the common symptoms of a cold – cough, sore throat, runny nose, high temperature, body aches, etc.
These changes affect greatly not only the way you feel physically but also the way your body processes diabetes medications, especially when it comes to insulin. Whether you have a common cold, high fever, or any other illness of the kind, insulin dosage requires alteration. Here are the few simple steps it takes to update your Diabetes:M profile, so the “Bolus Advisor” adjusts the insulin units accordingly.
1. Once you open the app, tap on “Bolus Advisor”.
2. Then, enter your blood glucose levels.
3. Select the “Sickness Adjustment” button at the bottom. This will expand the section.
4. From there you can adjust the extent of additional insulin in percentages.
5. Finally, at the top of the screen, you’ll see how the sickness adjustment is applied. If you are curious about the calculations, simply tap “Press for details” and you’ll be able to see the algorithm, data input, and calculation of the “Bolus Advisor”.
Overall, being sick is definitely one of the most unpleasant things to experience but with the help of the Diabetes:M mobile app, there is one less thing you have to worry about when feeling under the weather.