You’ve been living with type 2 diabetes for a few years now but have some trouble managing your weight. One of the main reasons for this is your love for snacks, either store-bought or homemade, you eat them a lot throughout the day. However, sometimes you forget to include all these carbs in your calculations for insulin intake. Overall, your dietary habits can be improved and the Diabetes:M application offers features that can help with this issue. The Food section of the app allows you to keep a diary of the foods you’ve consumed as well as their nutritional value. Moreover, you can create shortcuts like Dishes and Meals, saving you a ton of time when adding a new entry. The Bolus Advisor alongside the Food feature calculates the correct insulin needs throughout the day.
Improve Your Understanding of Your Dietary Needs
- It’s your first day using the Diabetes:M mobile application, you’ve just had breakfast and need to log the food you’ve consumed.
- You open the Food tab through the Main Menu. When you type “Omelet” in the search bar, a bunch of options for omelets emerge. You find the correct one and choose the serving portion.
- The diabetes app shows you the amount of insulin required according to the carbs in the meal, this calculation is done by the Bolus Advisor.
- After saving this log, your first food entry is complete, it remains stored in the Logbook section of the application.
- You continue using the app throughout the day, and whenever the specific type of food you’re having isn’t showing in the search bar, you switch to another food database. Diabetes:M offers 4 food databases which are great help for picking the correct type of food.
- Now you have a detailed diary of the meals you’ve consumed. This motivates you to keep up with healthy eating habits and avoid over-processed foods.
- When you need inspiration for what to eat next, you check your Logbook entries to see which foods you haven’t had in a while. This helps you have a more balanced and nutritious diet.
Add a Food Entry Within Seconds, No Matter if It’s Store-Bought or Homemade
- You are new to using the Diabetes:M application and aren’t yet familiar with all its features.
- You love snacking throughout the day but often forget to include these foods in the calculations of your insulin, resulting in blood sugar levels spikes and crashes.
- You discover that you can scan the barcode of any packaged food with Diabetes:M. It only takes a second, and automatically all the essential information about the snack is logged into the app.
- Based on this information, the Bolus Advisor adjusts the required insulin intake.
- Some of your snacks are homemade, like carrots and hummus. Instead of adding the ingredients manually every single time, you categorize them as a ‘Dish’. This means that this specific type of food and serving is saved in the app for easier access.
- Now, it only takes one click to add the snack to your food entry. You do this for all your favorite snacks and dishes, saving your everyday entries a lot of time.
Diabetes management can be a challenging everyday task. Take control of your health with the help of Diabetes:M. Download the application today.