Pregnancy is a time with a lot of changes happening simultaneously. It requires a lot of mental power to overcome all the bubbling emotions that come along with this phase of your life – excitement, fear, doubtfulness, and anxiety. Hearing the diagnosis of gestational diabetes can be stressful and hard to accept. Luckily, there are loads of resources out there that can help make this period a bit easier to process and live through. One of them is the Diabetes:M mobile app designed to help people manage every type of diabetes, including gestational.
Keep a detailed logbook of all blood sugar checks and food intake
- Learning to test your blood sugar levels is among the list of new things you have to adapt to because of your pregnancy. You might find it challenging in the beginning but don’t worry, you are not alone! 1 in 6 births worldwide is affected by gestational diabetes every year.
- You find it hard to keep track of all the glucose readings and food intake since you are always on the go. You tried keeping a paper diary but would often forget about it when leaving the house.
- Because of this inefficient way of tracking your data, your time in range is not its best, so you start searching for a better solution.
- You start using the Diabetes:M app and discover its various opportunities for blood sugar management, including the detailed Logbook feature.
- After using it for a few days, you realize that it only takes a few seconds to log in your daily glucose readings, exercise you’ve had or food you’ve eaten.
- Your grasp of how your body reacts to different foods is completely changed now. Your blood sugar levels become much more stable now that you have a good understanding of how your blood sugar levels can differ throughout the day.
- You start to feel confident again about your pregnancy journey and taking the best care possible for your baby. You have taken control of the condition.
Let your clinician monitor your health status remotely
- Gestational diabetes requires a much more in-depth analysis of your health by a medical professional compared to a regular pregnancy. One of the most serious complications that can happen is preeclampsia (which can be life-threatening) caused by high blood pressure.
- You make sure to check your blood pressure regularly as well as incorporate an exercise routine into your daily schedule.
- However, you still feel a bit anxious about all the possible complications and health risks for you and the baby, so you visit your doctor regularly to provide them with updates on your results.
- This takes up a huge portion of your time, so you start to feel like everything you do is measuring blood sugar/blood pressure levels or visiting the doctor’s office.
- Your clinician joins the Diabetes:M Monitor platform to resolve this issue. Now, they have access to the data you’ve input to the Diabetes:M app which provides a detailed look into daily diabetes habits and readings.
- You no longer need to visit the doctor’s office so regularly, since they can now monitor your condition remotely and contact you only if needed.
- This has a positive effect on your mental health and stress levels. You start to enjoy your pregnancy a little bit more, now that you feel a big improvement in your gestational diabetes management.
Your body and mind go through so many changes during pregnancy and adding a condition like gestational diabetes to it can feel overwhelming and scary for many. The Diabetes:M app provides a set of tools that help future mothers to be better informed and organized regarding their condition. Moreover, being able to share the data with medical professionals who can look out for concerning signs and act accordingly, is another reassurance against anxiety.
Find out for yourself by downloading the Diabetes:M now!