Pre-diabetes, also known as impaired glucose tolerance (IGT) affects over 541 million people around the world. According to the International Diabetes Federation, that’s 10.6% of adults worldwide and this figure is projected to increase to 730 million or 11.4% of all adults by the year 2045.
People with IGT have a higher chance of developing type 2 diabetes or any diabetes-related problem, therefore the management of pre-diabetes is extremely important in order to prevent the development of more permanent health complications. The Diabetes:M mobile application is the perfect tool for anyone with troubled blood sugar levels as it helps them take control of the condition. But how exactly does that happen?
Monitor Cholesterol and Blood Sugar Levels with Ease
- You’ve recently discovered that you have pre-diabetes and are advised by your medical team to start monitoring your blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
- Up until this moment, you didn’t pay much attention to the nutritional value of every single food you’d consume but that has changed completely now. Your new diet plan involves much healthier choices and close monitoring of how each food affects your blood glucose levels.
- You discover the Diabetes:M app and find that the “Logbook” feature lets you keep a diary of every meal or snack, as well as blood sugar checks you’ve had throughout the day.
- This not only helps you better understand how your body reacts to different foods, but it also helps you remember to check your blood sugars thanks to the “Reminders” feature. This is a new habit you are still trying to build and happen to forget about it from time to time.
- Your new diet plan involves options you didn’t reach out for before. By using the “Meals and Dishes” feature of the app, you save your most eaten snacks and dishes, so logging them in from now on only takes a second.
- After having your first cholesterol levels test, you log in the readings through the ”Laboratory” tab. You can even enter your LDL („bad“ cholesterol), HDL („good“ cholesterol), or Triglycerides, which are important vitals to track, especially for a person with pre-diabetes.
- With time, you begin to gain confidence in your pre-diabetes management and your determination to remain as healthy as possible has grown now that you have the tool to achieve this.
Share Data of Your Dietary Habits with Your Dietitian
- Apart from an endocrinologist and a nurse, your medical team also involves a dietitian or а nutritionist.
- They create a personalized food plan to help you keep blood sugar at the desired levels and avoid developing type 2 diabetes (T2D).
- Despite following the plan strictly, your blood sugar levels drop and rise seemingly without a cause and you start to feel worried.
- Your nutritionist joins Diabetes:M Monitor, which allows them to look at your in-app logs, such as blood glucose readings, sports activities, food intake, and more.
- They find out that you’ve taken a new dancing class, making you spend more time exercising, which is what would cause your blood sugar to drop.
- Thanks to this information, they alter your dietary plan to fit a more active person and provide suitable options for blood sugar drop remedies.
- After this change, you find that your blood glucose levels are more stable. You start building a better relationship with your dietitian as they are better informed about your condition.
Diabetes Care from a New Age
Overall, life with pre-diabetes has its many challenges and it can be a difficult journey navigating through the constant blood sugar checks, food habit alterations, exercise routines, and constant fear of developing T2D or any other complication. But with the help of the Diabetes:M app, you start to feel better about the situation as the app gives you insight into how your body works.