Living with type 1 diabetes requires adjusting various aspects of the condition to your lifestyle. Carrying all the equipment everywhere, bringing food in case of a blood sugar drop, constantly calculating numbers, switching to a new CGM pump or pen, planning the logistics of a trip or a holiday, the list goes on.
The Diabetes:M tracker app is a digital assistant that helps people with diabetes by providing numerous features that make living with the condition easier. Furthermore, it’s especially great for type 1 diabetes, as it supports both pump and pen users. For example, it lets pump users connect their devices with the app and keeps track of all the blood sugar data. This way the Bolus Advisor calculates the correct insulin dose. Moreover, the app is great for insulin pen users, too, because it has injection/test site graphics that help the user keep track of the rotation of their pricks.
Benefits for CGM users
- You’ve recently switched your treatment to a Continuous Glucose Monitoring pump in hopes to make managing your blood sugar levels better. However, you still need help keeping track of all the results as your doctor requires a detailed diary every two weeks.
- You sign up for Diabetes:M and sync your insulin pump with the app through Bluetooth.
- Now whenever you need to know your current blood sugar levels, you check the app where the data is stored.
- Moreover, if insulin is needed, the Diabetes:M Bolus Advisor will indicate the specific amount, saving you the calculations.
- This way, you can manage your diabetes much better as all the data remains stored in the app for future reference.
- Whenever you need to send a report to a medical professional, simply pick the characteristics the report should focus on and generate it through Diabetes:M.
- Furthermore, if your doctor is registered as a clinician in the Diabetes:M Monitor platform, they can look through this information by themselves, saving you time and effort.
Benefits for Insulin Pen Users
- You’ve been using an insulin pen for many years now, but need a better system to keep track of all the results.
- You start using Diabetes:M and discover the Logbook feature that allows you to enter glucose readings, insulin injections, and carbohydrate amount. Moreover, it even provides a space for additional notes per entry.
- For you, one of the most annoying things about testing blood sugar levels is having a sore finger, so you try to switch the test sites but sometimes forget and keep getting blood from the same spot over and over again.
- Luckily, Diabetes:M offers insulin and injection site graphics that help keep track of your most recent pricks. The graphics provide information on the most frequently used (and most recent) spots indicated with a darker color. Spots color decays in time and disappear in time if not used again.
- With this feature, you can keep track of both test and injection sites and their rotation, which is very important.
- Furthermore, the app allows you to examine charts on various data. You find the blood glucose distribution pie charts to be of best use as they let you monitor your glucose levels averages in the last 7/14/30/90 days and check how you were doing in the past.
Overall, Diabetes:M is a tool that every person with diabetes would benefit from, especially people with type 1. Its features provide support on all aspects of the condition which makes managing diabetes much better. Learn more about the app.